- Overview of Carter and Son Toolworks turning tools available at Woodturning Tool Store
- Carter & Son Toolworks Premium Woodturning Tools
- How to Sharpen Wood Turning Tools
- Introduction to Carter & Son Toolworks Wood Turning Tools
- Mike Mahoney on Carter and Son's Tools
- I bought a new Skew!
- Carter and Son Tools: REVIEW by Sam Angelo
- Carter and Sons vs Hamlet Bowl Gouge Comparison Part I
- Carter & Son tools revisited: Handles, Box Scraper, & Parting tool Sam Angelo
- Roughing with the Skew Chisel
A razor edge, offered by just the ideal steel, is crucial for turning wood. Surprisingly, several woodturning tools are machined from below average steel. At Carter and also Son we've done our research as well as recognize that M42 broadband steel is the costs steel for turning wood. It sharpens to a fine, sharp edge and also retains that edge because of a 10% content of cobalt. Your deal with attaches you to your work, that's why we've meticulously made the weight and also curvature of our trademark takes care of for comfort, very easy control, and also babble decrease. Each take care of has actually two set screws to secure your device, and knurling for hold. Our ingenious deals with are all made in our very own factory as well as are patented. All the design work, machining, assessment and shipping of this tool is performed in our Seattle manufacturing facility. As a household company committed to design ingenuity, accuracy craftsmanship as well as an interest for turning we ensure that every tool you get from us is excellent. Happy transforming! A fast introduction of this 1" skew: Machined from M42 broadband steel that has been heat-treated to 68 HRC, guaranteeing premium side holding ability as well as developing to a finer edge. It has actually been hand-polished and checked before leaving our Seattle factory. It was diligently developed for turners, by turners. The aluminum deal with lower babble as well as is made for convenience as well as easy control. The tool is quickly removed from the take care of for developing as well as interchangeability. Adapters make every Carter as well as Son device compatible. This tool is backed with a 100% life time warranty. Made in the USA. Specifications: Blade procedures: 1" broad, 9-1/2" general Thickness: 3/8" Tang dimension: 3/4" Handle: 12" x 3/4"
- Item Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 9.3 ounces
- ASIN: B01CF8N4M0
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 738283051272